Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Enough with the Flash and More Predictions for 2011- Click here http://bit.ly/hDA09Z for full article

Written by : Michael Currey

The last year has gone by fairly quickly and a lot has happened in the online world; and it's spilling out into the real world more and more.

As I reflect back on the big stories of the year, I can't help but look forward to all that is bound to happen in this upcoming year! A few of the things I'm hoping to see:

The End of Flash versus My iPhone

Can we all stop with the Flash already? Open standards are where it's at and I'm tired of feeling inferior because my phone doesn't support Flash.

The Social Web, Not Web 3.0

What was Web 2.0 supposed to be again? I think the way social media has taken over the Web is much more of a revolution than almost anything that's come before. I'll know the transition has truly come once my parents get a Foursquare account!

Diaspora versus Facebook

I love Facebook and all, but I also don't want it to take over the Internet. Soon, it will be like the old days when you needed to have an AOL account to be cool. Opening up and standardizing the way we socialize online is what I'm hoping for, and Diaspora, which is planned to be a decentralized, open-source social-media network, looks as if it will lead the way.

Twitter Going Beyond 6 Percent

Right now, it's a very small (relative to 500 million on Facebook) group of people who know what Twitter is, and I constantly have to explain it over and over. I like Twitter, but unless more people start using it, it's going to become a fad. It's great for connecting with people and isn't as closed off as Facebook for sharing and privacy.

Click here http://bit.ly/hDA09Z for full article

No comments:

Post a Comment